- Statement by Secretary Michael R. Pompeo: Bulgarian Judge Andon Mitalov is Invoved in Significant Corruption
- PM Borissov Replied to Radev: Only 3 Days ago he Said that the Cabinet is Working Fine
- President Radev Attacked the Government which "Acts against the Interests of Bulgarian Citizens"
- Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian to be Banned from Entering the US over Corruption
- After Brexit: Bulgarians Will be Able to Travel to the UK with an ID Card
- Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
The bodies of 39 people have been found inside a lorry container on an industrial estate in Essex.
Police made the discovery in Grays early this morning. The driver, a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The bodies of 38 adults and one teenager were found around 1.40am at Waterglade Industrial Park in Grays.
The lorry is believed to have come from Bulgaria and entered the UK in Holyhead, Wales, on Saturday 19th October.
Chief Superintendent Andrew Mariner said: "This is a tragic incident where a large number of people have lost their lives. Our enquiries are ongoing to establish what has happened.
"We are in the process of identifying the victims, however I anticipate that this could be a lengthy process.
"We believe the lorry is from Bulgaria and entered the country at Holyhead on Saturday 19 October and we are working closely with our partners to investigate.
"We have arrested the lorry driver in connection with the incident who remains in police custody as our enquiries continue. I appreciate this cordon is going to disrupt the activity of local businesses in the area and we will work to ensure that disruption is kept as short as possible. We are working with Thurrock Council to mitigate against any impact our investigation scene will have locally."
A cordon has been put in place and access to and from the Waterglade Industrial Park remains closed.
Home Secretary Priti Patel tweeted: "Shocked & saddened by this utterly tragic incident in Grays. Essex Police has arrested an individual and we must give them the space to conduct their investigations."