- Bulgarian Air Force L-39s to be modernized and overhauled
- Dutch F-16s back to Europe (and go to Bulgarian AF?)
- Interim fighters for the Bulgarian Air Force
- Spain to join NATO's enhanced Air Policing mission in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria celebrates 50 years as a spacefaring nation
- EDA’s European Spartan Exercise cleared for take-off in Bulgaria
- Breaking: Bulgarian Su-25 crashed
- Additional order for eight Bulgarian Air Force F-16 fighters approved
- Joint flight training Thracian Viper 2022
- North Macedonia Maintains Silence Over Su-25 Donation to Ukraine
Bulgaria Decides to Start Talks with US on F-16 jet Deal
The Bulgarian government has approved a plan to start talks with the United States on buying eight new F-16 fighter jets to replace its ageing Soviet-made MiG-29s and improve compliance with NATO standards, the defence minister said on Wednesday.
The decision still requires parliament's approval. The deal for Lockheed Martin's F-16V Block 70 would be worth around 1.8 billion levs (£827 million), Bulgaria's biggest military procurement since the fall of Communist rule some 30 years ago..
Other bidders had included Sweden, with Saab's Gripen jets, and Italy, with second-hand Eurofighters.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/bulgaria-decides-to-start-talks-with-us-on-f-16-jet-deal-11102732