- GALLERY AND VIDEO&: THRACIAN SENTRY 2023 WITH BULGARIAN AIR FORCE
- NATO is sending F-16s to Bulgaria for the Thracian Star 2023 exercise
- Bulgarian Air Force L-39s to be modernized and overhauled
- Dutch F-16s back to Europe (and go to Bulgarian AF?)
- Interim fighters for the Bulgarian Air Force
- Spain to join NATO's enhanced Air Policing mission in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria celebrates 50 years as a spacefaring nation
- EDA’s European Spartan Exercise cleared for take-off in Bulgaria
- Breaking: Bulgarian Su-25 crashed
- Additional order for eight Bulgarian Air Force F-16 fighters approved
Photo - airbase Bezmer
Bulgaria is hosti
ng the Bulgarian-American exercise Thracian Sentry - 2023 from 12 to 30 June. The exercise will highlight the 30-year partnership between Tennessee and Bulgaria and commemorate many years of military cooperation between the Bulgarian Ministry of Defence and the Tennessee National Guard.
РАЗГЛЕДАЙТЕ ГАЛЕРИЯТА > > >
On the Bulgarian side, it will include military personnel from the Air Force and Joint Forces Command, and on the American side by the Tennessee Army and Air National Guard. C-130, C-17, and C-21 aircraft will be deployed for the exercise at Bezmer Air Base.
The Bulgarian Air Force will also participate in NATO's air exercise Air Defender 23, the Bundeswehr's website reported. From June 12 to 23, up to 250 aircraft will be stationed across six military bases, with 25 countries taking part.
It will be the biggest drill of its type since the military alliance was formed in 1949.
During the week of June 19-23, members of the Tennessee Army and Air National Guard, along with their Bulgarian counterparts, participate in a series of readiness exercise in Thracian Sentry 2023 in Sofia, Bulgaria. Thracian Sentry 2023 highlights the 30-year-long partnership between the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense and the Tennessee National Guard and commemorates many years of military cooperation. During the exercise, the two teams exchanged knowledge and best practices to help develop interoperability and improve readiness for full-spectrum operations in complex environments such as combat medical care. (U.S. Air National Guard photo by Senior Airman Yonette Martin)
Navigate with the buttons down below to explore the gallery!
PREVIOUS PHOTO 1/16 NEXT PHOTO