- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
We are aware of the investigation by Bulgarian law enforcement into an alleged case of espionage. The United States fully supports Bulgaria’s efforts to defend its sovereignty from malign influence, the statement of the US Embassy in Sofia in connection with the interrogation of the Secretary of the Rossophiles Movement Yuriy Borissov and the charges pressed against the Chairman of the movement Nikolay Malinov reads.
Several hours before the statement of the US Embassy, Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General Sotir Tsatsarov had announced that this country’s Prosecutors Office was investigating an alleged case of espionage and a crime against the republic, BNR reported.