- Bulgarian Air Force L-39s to be modernized and overhauled
- Dutch F-16s back to Europe (and go to Bulgarian AF?)
- Interim fighters for the Bulgarian Air Force
- Spain to join NATO's enhanced Air Policing mission in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria celebrates 50 years as a spacefaring nation
- EDA’s European Spartan Exercise cleared for take-off in Bulgaria
- Breaking: Bulgarian Su-25 crashed
- Additional order for eight Bulgarian Air Force F-16 fighters approved
- Joint flight training Thracian Viper 2022
- North Macedonia Maintains Silence Over Su-25 Donation to Ukraine
An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
A tactical-special certification exercise with the goal to evaluate according to CREVAL an explosive ordnance disposal platoon was conducted in the period 27 - 29 May 2020 at the grounds of the 55th Engineer Regiment in Belene. It was attended by 72 servicemen who worked with specialized equipment. The topic of the exercise was "Actions of an explosive ordnance disposal platoon in the universal system tasked to neutralize unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices (IED), surveillance and notification of a brigade battle group while conducting a defence operation". The leader of the exercise was the commander of the 54th Engineer Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel Nikolay Nikolaev, and the commander of the explosive ordnance disposal platoon was Senior Lieutenant Milen Sotirov.
The participants in the exercise demonstrated capabilities related to disposing of explosive ordnance. The platoon performed activities in a real situation and revealed different possibilities of how to react to threats. While performing the assigned tasks, the servicemen also demonstrated activities on medical evacuation of a wounded person.
The tactical-special exercise of the explosive ordnance disposal platoon was monitored by a commission of the Land Forces Command. The Commission checked the required documents, the individual equipment of the personnel, the readiness of the servicemen, the armament and the equipment necessary for the implementation of the tasks. The Commission evaluated as "Combat ready" the explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the 54th Engineer Battalion which is ready to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on forces to NATO Response Force (NRF-21).