- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
– The situation around the other large armored vehicles project, which is worth over BGN 1.45 billion (around $836 million), is far more complicated. Delay can even rearrange a project that is extremely complex and generates many business and political interests, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Pan.bg.
Bulgarian MoD only requested offers from four companies – ARTEC GmbH (Germany), Patria (Finland), NEXTER Group (France) and General Dynamics Land System – MOWAG (Switzerland).
According to the MoD, the French company did not submit a real offer, but demanded direct government negotiations and therefore dropped out of the race.
However, the ministry gave the German ARTEC additional time to submit all the necessary documents and it is likely that it remains in the game.
However, the company’s machines are more expensive than others.
Thus the favorites are Patria (Finland) and the multinational General Dynamics Land System – MOWAG (Switzerland).
The Ministry of Defense is adamant that they hold the terms of the project to be fulfilled. However, according to Mediapool sources, the project to buy new armored vehicles can be “revised” by MPs, as happened with the purchase of new fighters.
The US offer did not meet the price and other criteria set out in the project, but it was quickly passed by Parliament.
In addition, another company, the American The Armored Group (TAG), wants to join the project and submit a bid, but announced its plans later and the MoD did not allow it to participate.
If the project is significantly delayed, it remains possible to completely restart it. According to Mediapool sources, the situation around him remains very tense and his future is unclear.
The MoD wants to buy 150 machines – 90 combat and 60 auxiliaries for BGN 1.46 billion with VAT, the project being delayed seriously due to the long discussions about what the technical requirements are.