- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
Bulgaria: Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov attended the ritual of taking a military oath by freshmen at the National Military University "V. Levski" in Veliko Turnovo.
"The government has allocated BGN 16 million to repair your buildings," the prime minister said. In his speech, he stressed that this year nearly BGN 4 billion will be spent on defense.
Boyko Borissov, Prime Minister: Expenditures that Bulgarian citizens have collected from their taxes. So you have to prepare, be very good, because you see the events in Syria, Kosovo, we will be good politicians if there is lasting peace. But it is always good to have the Bulgarian Army's deterrent force.
163 freshmen took part in the military oath, studying in 19 military specializations in the three faculties of the ,,Vasil Levski National University'' in the cities of Veliko Turnovo, Dolna Mitropolia and Shumen.
The university has opened a new military specialization - "Artillery Instrumental Intelligence" with civilian specialty "Geodesy".