- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
Bulgaria: Bulgarian Troops, Frigate to Take Part in NATO's Active Endeavour Operation
Bulgarian servicemen will participate in NATO's Active Endeavour operation in the Mediterranean Sea and the EU's Training Mission (EUTM) in Mali.
This was decided by the Bulgarian cabinet at its regular meeting on Wednesday, the government's press service informs.
The Verni frigate of the Bulgarian navy with its armament and crew numbering up to 153 people will take part in the operation between October 27 and December 5 later this year.
The Active Endeavour operation aims to demonstrate the decisiveness of the NATO member countries to fight terrorism.
The participating forces and vessels are conducting monitoring and control of ships sailing in the Mediterranean Sea to help detect, deter and protect against terrorist activity.
The government also allowed the deployment of up to five servicemen of the Bulgarian armed forces in the EU's military training mission in Mali, which trains and advises the army of Mali. The troops are expected to depart around the end of July.
With its participation, Bulgaria proves its commitment to the joint efforts of the EU to find lasting solution to the crisis in Mali. In this way, Bulgaria will also contribute towards fulfilling the mandate granted by the UN Security Council.
- See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/174925/Bulgarian+Troops%2C+Frigate+to+Take+Part+in+NATO%27s+Active+Endeavour+Operation#sthash.Z3VMa74v.dpuf