- U.S., Bulgarian aircrews “ACE” Castle Forge together
- Bulgarian National And Washington State Man Charged in Connection With International Enterprise That Operated Sexually Exploitive “Child Modeling” Websites
- Operation Castle Forge
- Strike Eagles conquer Castle Forge phase two with Bulgaria and Romania
- Strike Eagles return to Bulgaria for second forward dispersals of Castle Forge
- New regulations for the access to the Aviation Museum-Krumovo
- Operation Castle Forge comtinues to Bulgaria and Romania
- European Spartan 2021 exercise boosts C-27J interoperability
- Lieutenant Antonio Chuchukov is a Distinguished Graduate of U.S. Army Ranger School
- Bulgaria warns Russia it could cancel MiG-29 service deal
Source: Scramble Magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25K and Su-25UBK close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
This contract was downgraded to eight aircraft, six single seat and two duals.
The first upgraded Su-25 was re-delivered on 21 september 2020 and the eight and final Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 254, was re-delivered on 11 February 2021.
All the Su-25s are wearing the splendid digital colour scheme.
Bulgaria Su 25K 3 320
With the re-delivery of the upgraded aircraft now finished, the Bulgarian Air Force will consider to send another six Sukhois, four Su-25K and two Su-25UBK, to Belarus for major overhaul. Overview upgraded and to be upgraded Su-25K/Su-25UBK:
Su-25K: 240, 246, 249, 252, 253 and 254
Su-25UBK: 002 and 095
To be upgraded
Su-25K: 195, 197, 230 and 255
Su-25UBK: 017 and 047