- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
Romania's Supreme Council for the Country’s Defence (CSAT) approved the purchase of five additional F16s from the Força Aerea Portuguesa (FAP, Portugese Air Force) by the Forțele Aerienne ale Romaniei (FAR, Romanian Air Force). Delivery of the fighters is planned for 2020 (four aircraft) and 2021 (one aircraft).
With the delivery the Romanian Air Force will have 17 F-16s in its inventory. All aircraft will be upgraded to a new standard called M.6.X. In 2013, the Romanian Air Force agreed to buy the first batch of twelve aircraft, nine single seat and three dual seat, which where delivered in September and October 2016.
The additional five aircraft consist of four F-16AMs and one F-16BM.
Earlier this year *) the Romanian Air Force said that it will need a total of 36 F-16s to replace the ageing MiG-21s. Delivery of additional F-16s can be realised through transfer from USA stocks or from other friendly nation stocks.