- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
Many analysts consider the F-35 already in the hands of the Polish Air Force even if a contract has not yet been signed. What is the reason for this delay? On September 11, the Pentagon gave the green light for the sale of 32 steath fighters to Poland and the nation had repeatedly declared its intention to close the deal quickly. The main contender for the F-35 in Poland is the Eurofighter Typhoon multirole combat aircraft.
The italian aerospace company Leonardo, the lead in Eurofighter promotion in Poland, said that the position of the United States in the country is very strong, but it is sure that the European solution to Poland's multi-role combat aircraft requirement is great from both strategic and industrial perspectives.
"A few years ago no one believed Poland would select our M-346 as a trainer, but they did, and now they are thinking of taking more. From a Eurofighter perspective, we’ve got a great offer — a weapon system that’s perfect for air supremacy — and a great history of industrial collaboration in Poland through the Eurofighter Partner Companies that generates a huge economic
impact in the country," Andrea Nappi, Vice President Eurofighter Export from Leonardo Aircraft Division, told to Eurofighter Magazine.
Today the Eurofighter has taken many steps forward. It boasts both air dominance and digital stealth capabilities due to its advanced electronic warfare (EW) suite, incorporating mission data fusion, including threat intelligence, electronic counter measures (ECM) and an open reconfigurable system. The ongoing Phase 2 Enhancements (P2E) package increases operational flexibility,y with enhanced Eurojet EJ200 engine performance due to adaptive power and cooling, the incorporation of a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) with Large Area Display and advanced mission system architecture, including High Speed Data Network and Enhanced Target Data Management. New sensors will help the platform to cope with current and future contested operational environment, as well as the most advanced EW capabilities with integrated mission solutions and PRAETORIAN DASS, along with full integration of MBDA’s METEOR and BRIMSTONE missiles.
The potential of the Typhoon is not to be underestimated. It has been in service since 2003 and a total of 623 aircraft has been ordered to
"Being involved in development work would position Poland as a potential partner at a high level in any future European Combat Air System, or FCAS, programme (such as the UK-led Tempest programme for example) as that emerges. Poland would be a perfect candidate to participate in any future programme and Eurofighter would be the perfect way in," Andrea said.
Written by Matteo Sanzani