- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
Bulgaria and Georgia to re-open Sofia-Tbilisi direct flight. This was made clear after a meeting between Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov and Georgian Prime Minister Georgy Gakharia. The Transport Minister participated in the Silk Road forum, which brought together ministers, business representatives and experts in the Georgian capital, Tbilisi.
Will Bulgaria and Georgia Become China's Door to Europe.
2000 delegates from 60 countries participate in the Silk Road Forum in Tbilisi, Georgia. Transport and trade connectivity is being discussed by delegates. Bulgaria negotiates a direct Sofia-Tbilisi flight.
Rosen Zhelyazkov, Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communications: There is such a desire on the part of a low-cost carrier, who said that the connection between Georgia and Sofia is of interest to him. So for tourism this will be extremely important.
Duplication of the Burgas-Batumi ferry was also discussed by Rosen Zhelyazkov, Georgian Prime Minister Georgy Gakharia and Economy Minister Natela Turnava.
Deputy Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia: Bulgaria may be Georgia's door to the European Union. We are both in the Black Sea region. The saying goes: the mountain protects, the sea connects. If we remove the last trade barriers, we will be equal players in the new Silk Road.
The turnover between Bulgaria and Georgia is half a billion dollars a year.
Georgia has a free trade agreement with the EU and China and is at the center of the Silk Road, China's large-scale $ 1 trillion investment program, which should link Asia and Europe to new trade routes.
Prime Minister of Georgia: Creating new transport and trade corridors between Europe and Asia is no longer just an opportunity but a necessity. Bulgaria is on the path of these corridors.
Religious and cultural tourism is the area with the highest development potential between the two countries. 15,000 Georgians visit Bulgaria, mainly the Bachkovo Monastery, which developed as a center of Georgian monasticism in the 11th century.