- U.S. F-16s From Aviano AB Have Started Supporting NATO Enhanced Air Policing From Bulgaria
- The multinational live-fly exercise Thracian Viper 2020 ends today
- Bulgaria Hosts Multinational Flying Training Thracian Viper 2020
- NATO Allies Secure The Skies Over the Black Sea
- Инцидент с индонезийски УТС KAI T-50i Golden Eagle
- C-130 aircraft arrive in Bulgaria for Thracian Fall
- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
Plovdiv. Arado Ar 196 / A3. Bulgaria bought 12 of these aircraft, which had numbers 1 - 12. The aircraft was transported to Bulgaria in 1942 and served in the years 1942 - 1944 at the 161st Squadron of the Bulgarian Air Force deployed at the base "Seagull" at Varna.
Serial number 0219. This aircraft should have fuselage number 3. After the war helped to clean the Black Sea coastal waters from min.
In 1953, the aircraft was left to the Bulgarian fishing fleet and the last flight took place on 9 July 1955.
In 1958 it was decommissioned and exposed in the Navy Museum in Varna. There was a known history when the plane was "cut" and left in the area "Pobitite kamani", west of Varna.
On flights from this area, Colonel Keranov noticed the debris of the aircraft museum. He organized the collection of debris. Then, in October 1987, pieces of the plane were transported to Plovdiv airport by two trucks and there the machine was reconstructed. During that time, the aircraft had several necessary repairs and also had several colors.
РАЗГЛЕДАЙТЕ ГАЛЕРИЯТА > > >
Navigate with the buttons down below to explore the gallery!