- Defense Minister Karakachanov Signed the Contracts for the Purchase of Eight F-16s
- Bulgarian Government Has Voted on the New F-16 Fighter Contract
- Report: Graf Ignatievo AFB Air Show
- Ex-Bulgarian Finance Minister Calls Issued Domestic Debt for F-16 ‘Lost Money’
- Canadian soldier killed during parachuting training exercise in Bulgaria
- New $100 million F-35 stealth fighter jets can only fly supersonic for short bursts or it may start to ‘crack’: Pentagon report
- 29th of June : BIG AIR SHOW AT GRAF IGNATIEVO AIRBASE
- Financial problems for the overhaul of the Bulgarian Air Force Su-25s
- Bulgarian Army Day Parade 2019
- Bangladesh plane hijack: Plane forced to make an emergency landing in ‘hijack attempt’ by an armed passenger onboard
Bulgaria Decides to Start Talks with US on F-16 jet Deal
The Bulgarian government has approved a plan to start talks with the United States on buying eight new F-16 fighter jets to replace its ageing Soviet-made MiG-29s and improve compliance with NATO standards, the defence minister said on Wednesday.
The decision still requires parliament's approval. The deal for Lockheed Martin's F-16V Block 70 would be worth around 1.8 billion levs (£827 million), Bulgaria's biggest military procurement since the fall of Communist rule some 30 years ago..
Other bidders had included Sweden, with Saab's Gripen jets, and Italy, with second-hand Eurofighters.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/bulgaria-decides-to-start-talks-with-us-on-f-16-jet-deal-11102732