- Stronger Together
- Bulgarian Navy AS365N3 Dauphin delivered
- MiG-29 Fighter Crashed in Egypt
- Purchase for five additional F-16s for Romania approved
- Rumen Radev: Protecting the Republic of North Macedonia’s Air Space Is Bulgaria’s National Duty and Responsibility
- Airbus Fired 16 Employees on Suspicion of Espionage of German Military Programs
- Sofia and Washington Will Develop a 10-Year Plan for Co-operation In the Military Sphere
- Joint Statement by President of the United States Trump and Prime Minister Borissov
- PM Borissov Meets US President Donald Trump in Washington
- M Borissov: Bulgaria's National Security Is Guaranteed only within NATO
Bulgaria: Bulgarian Troops, Frigate to Take Part in NATO's Active Endeavour Operation
Bulgarian servicemen will participate in NATO's Active Endeavour operation in the Mediterranean Sea and the EU's Training Mission (EUTM) in Mali.
This was decided by the Bulgarian cabinet at its regular meeting on Wednesday, the government's press service informs.
The Verni frigate of the Bulgarian navy with its armament and crew numbering up to 153 people will take part in the operation between October 27 and December 5 later this year.
The Active Endeavour operation aims to demonstrate the decisiveness of the NATO member countries to fight terrorism.
The participating forces and vessels are conducting monitoring and control of ships sailing in the Mediterranean Sea to help detect, deter and protect against terrorist activity.
The government also allowed the deployment of up to five servicemen of the Bulgarian armed forces in the EU's military training mission in Mali, which trains and advises the army of Mali. The troops are expected to depart around the end of July.
With its participation, Bulgaria proves its commitment to the joint efforts of the EU to find lasting solution to the crisis in Mali. In this way, Bulgaria will also contribute towards fulfilling the mandate granted by the UN Security Council.
- See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/174925/Bulgarian+Troops%2C+Frigate+to+Take+Part+in+NATO%27s+Active+Endeavour+Operation#sthash.Z3VMa74v.dpuf