- Opticoelectron’s product in service of Bulgarian police and special forces
- Turkish firms associated with the production of F-35, want to move to Bulgaria
- A Tender for UAVs for the Bulgarian army
- Bulgaria: President Rumen Radev's New Year's Address archive
- Washington wanted to learn the Russian secrets and bought 21 MiG-29 fighter jets
- PM Zaev: We Will Solve the Historical Issues with Bulgaria
- Unusual intercept in NATO
- Successful testing of an upgraded infantry fighting vehicle BMP-2M at Zmeevo range
- Leaked photos show new U.S. Army super cannon in stunning detail
- State Department Reprimanded Pakistan for Misusing F-16s, Document Shows
Romania's Supreme Council for the Country’s Defence (CSAT) approved the purchase of five additional F16s from the Força Aerea Portuguesa (FAP, Portugese Air Force) by the Forțele Aerienne ale Romaniei (FAR, Romanian Air Force). Delivery of the fighters is planned for 2020 (four aircraft) and 2021 (one aircraft).
With the delivery the Romanian Air Force will have 17 F-16s in its inventory. All aircraft will be upgraded to a new standard called M.6.X. In 2013, the Romanian Air Force agreed to buy the first batch of twelve aircraft, nine single seat and three dual seat, which where delivered in September and October 2016.
The additional five aircraft consist of four F-16AMs and one F-16BM.
Earlier this year *) the Romanian Air Force said that it will need a total of 36 F-16s to replace the ageing MiG-21s. Delivery of additional F-16s can be realised through transfer from USA stocks or from other friendly nation stocks.