- U.S. Army Soldiers train with Bulgarian Special Forces
- Polish Guided Missiles for T-72 Main Battle Tank?
- Russian surface-to-air missile systems took part in recent U.S. Air Force exercise
- Trump OK’s F-16 sale to Taiwan amid China tensions
- Russian Ural Airlines plane with 234 people on board Crash-Lands in Cornfield
- Lockheed Martin awarded $99M for air-launched cruise missiles for U.S. allies
- Will Iranian F-14 Tomcats Be 's Enemy in Top Gun: Maverick?
- Bulgarian Traffic Police Started an Operation Against Speeding
- U.S. Navy’s newest aircraft carrier AAG system receives green light
- U.S. Air Force finalizes A-10’s fleet life extension project
On the basis of Council of Ministers Decision No. 398/10. 07. 2019, today, July 11, 2019, Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov signed international agreements (LOAs) BU-D-SAB, F-16 Block 70 aircraft and associated support International Contract (LOA) BU-P-AAD, Sidewinder AIM 9X Block II Missiles, Associated Material and Services and International Loop Agreement (LOA) BU-P-LAR, Multifunctional Information Sharing System - Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) ( 5) and associated with it Multifunctional Information Distribution System Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) (5) and related support and equipment totaling $ 1,256,153,980 USD.
They negotiate the delivery by the US Government of the Bulgarian Armed Forces of eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft and related equipment and armaments. According to the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria and the order of the Law on the International Treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria, for the entry into force of these treaties, they should be ratified by the National Assembly.
Considering the financial constraints of the Republic of Bulgaria, the State Department of the United States has taken action to reduce the total cost by up to $ 60 million through a request from the US Congress for additional funding to be used in the interest of the Republic of Bulgaria. defense.
The State Department's request is to be considered by the US Congress.